Monday, August 18, 2008

Real Person Clothes, Rolling Over, and Other Milestones

Today I took Aaron shopping for the first time by myself. Real shopping, at the mall and everything. I was worried about taking the stroller; I wasn't sure if it would fit in any dressing rooms (it's one of those gigantic travel system strollers) and I was afraid I might be the only one there with a big baby tank. Silly me, did I forget that I live in Provo? Of course there were thousands of people pushing strollers around the mall--half of them much larger than mine (to accommodate multiple stroller-aged children). And, with a little finagling, the stroller managed to fit in every dressing room I used. 

Anyway, on to the point. I got real person clothes. That aren't maternity clothes. That actually fit. Including shirts. Granted, they're not exactly the same size as I wore pre-pregnancy, but they're real clothes. No elastic panels or bands in the pants, and the shirts are remarkably un-tent-like. I think they will do nicely while I work on getting back to my normal size.

After I got home, it was time for Aaron to have a little "belly time." He did his usual routine: lay there for a minute after I turned him onto his stomach, started wiggling and moving his head around while making little squeaks and grunts, then began getting upset and ready to cry by the end. I was about to turn him back over when he just turned himself over. He had been threatening to do it since we got him home from the hospital (he's pretty strong), but it still took me by surprise. It was quite exciting.

   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the "real person clothes." It's got to feel good.

Jo said...

Thanks! It's almost like BEING a real person. Almost.

JaPinoy said...

sounds like you and aaron reached milestones -- aaron with turning over and you accomplished a motherhood milestone, managing to do some real shop while pushing a baby tank and carrying a huge baby bag! -jill

Travis said...

Need more episodes in the life of JoAlexAaron- soon! I'm missing my fix!

I don't get out much. Except for work. And there's a lot of it these days.