Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aaron's Blessing, Take 2

Two weeks ago, on August 31, was Aaron's baby blessing. It was a great day; we had a wonderful time and were very happy that so many of our family and friends were able to come. Unfortunately, in all the hubbub of the day, we forgot to take pictures (d'oh!). I felt really sad about that (and I still do, a little). I mean, what kind of a mom forgets to take pictures on her baby's blessing day? Well, I've accepted that the kind of mom that forgets is the tired, distracted, hostess-bein' mom, so I guess I'm ok.

But I still wanted pictures. So this morning, two weeks later, we staged a few "blessing day" pictures. Aaron has been growing so fast, I could barely get his little outfit on. In fact, the neck of his shirt was a too small for his head; it scraped his face a little when I put it on, and he started crying. :-( He's ok though. It's a good thing we finally got around to taking those pictures though--a day later and I wouldn't have been able to get the clothes on at all!

So without further ado, here are some pictures of the little guy, mommy, and daddy:







And here's one of the back porch, still all set up for the party. Today, however, our only guest was Leia...



So there you have it. If anyone happens to have any pictures from the actual day, feel free to send them to us :-)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Jo you look so good! Don't feel too bad about the pictures, at least you got some of him in his outfit. With Blake the only picture we have is extremly blurry and it never dawned on me to redo them like you did. So I think your an okay mom! Sorry we weren't able to be there for it.

sam c.hart jr said...

Jo, You are a Great mom! You are taking great care of the most important things. Just keep doing what you're doing and the important things will take care of themselves. I have a couple of pictures of Aaron from that day. I might suggest that you take a picture of you, Alex and Aaron together. It has been fun to look at the pictures of families I babysat and saw pictures of the parents and baby all these years later. Jo, you are doing great as a mom. You and Alex are the best.

Jo said...

Well, we would've taken a picture of all three of us, but there was no one to take it except the cat...and she's not a very good photographer.

The Smith Family said...

Hi! This is Janelle, Steve and Amy's daughter. I came across your blog from Marjorie's. I can't believe how big your little guy is getting! He is darling!