Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Two Months

Aaron had his two month checkup today. At the baby checkups they do some measurements. I thought that I'd share them with you. He is 12 lbs 11 oz and 25.25 inches tall! I thought he'd weight a bit more than that but he is still in the 75% for his weight. But get this, his height.... 97% percentile!!!! What? Where'd that come from? I'm 5'7"... why didn't I get any 97% percentile height?

Another way to look at it: he has grown almost 5 inches in less than 2 months! (Redundancy incoming alert)...... WHAT? All I can say is that babies are crazy. Or at least my baby is crazy.

Another thing they did at this check up were his two month vaccinations. Boy, was that fun! He was so upset for hours, his legs (where the injections were administered) got a little red and puffy, needless to say it was a frightening day for under-warned, first time parents.

After some baby Tylenol, mommy cuddles, an exploding diaper, and finally some food he settled down and was pretty happy for the rest of the day. What a relief when he finally started being happy and smiling again.

Here are my two favorite pictures from today. He was showing off his new favorite activity.

5 comments:

Alex said...

Look at the bottom picture, he means fist chomping business.

Unknown said...

1. the exploding diaper sounds awesome.

2. i think he might still be hungry because he's eating himself.

Amy said...

So sorry you had to go through getting shots. I think it is almost harder for the parents then the baby! I had a dr with Blake that said to give him tylenol about 30min. before getting shots. I felt like it worked a little better and wasn't as painful for him. We can't wait to see you guys and meet little Aaron!

sam c.hart jr said...

Very cute pictures. Love this blog thing.

Susan Young said...

I am so glad to see what this cute little guy looks like. Thanks for letting us know your blog site.